SUPPORT SMALL: BEAUTY

Hello and welcome to a brand new series on my blog, aptly titles "Support Small". I know it has been a while since my last blog post, but I've been working hard on this for a while and anything posted in between would have purely been "filler content". Quality over quantity guys! This is a lovely series where I showcase my favourite small businesses that I've been loving recently because it is SO important, especially in these times, to help small, hard working businesses, because the sad truth is that not a lot will survive something like a pandemic - but the huge chain brands will. It is also hard for small businesses to get themselves out there, it can feel impossible to be heard above the huge companies, which is why I wanted to spread the small business love!

Also, for the ease of you, dear reader, this series will come in categories so you can easily find businesses that suit your taste. This first one is makeup - but I will be featuring ll sorts of items so that there is something for everyone! I'm talking jewellery, baking, fashion, gifting...the list goes on.

But without further ado, here are my current fave small beauty businesses:

  Lyss Cosmetics

About:

In October 2019, Alyssa launched Lyss Cosmetics working around her full time job because she noticed that most lipcare products contained harmful chemicals and/or preservatives, so she decided to make her own which are 100% pure ingredients, vegan and cruelty free! It started with coconut oil lip scrubs, and has only expanded from there!

What I bought:
 Cherry lip oil , (£5)
 Lipcare Bundle, (£8 but worth £12.50)

 Why I love them:

I originally only planned to buy the Lash and Brow serum but everything was so beautifully presented that I was tempted on some of her fab lip products too. The serum has quite literally saved my lashes! Around Christmas 2019, I got a weird patch of eczema on my eyelid (it's usually only on my arms) and with it went some of my lashes, and since then they've been gappy, short, and brittle. Since using the serum my lashes have transformed! They're strong, curly, longer, and voluminous even without mascara!
I also love that they're vegan and cruelty free! The smells of the lip bundle are so minty too it's lush!
Finally, I love the price. Honestly, you cannot knock this brand at all for their prices. Especially the lash serum because honestly it's magic!

What I've got my eye on next:

 Next I'd love to purchase a personalised lipgloss with my name on, which are brand new to Lyss Cosmetics! They've also just released an Ice Lolly shaped gloss called Ice Baby which is so irredescent and shiny it looks to die for!

Discount?
FAITH10 will get you 10% off everything on the Lyss Cosmetics website.

 PLANETALOCOSMETICS

 About:

They are an up and coming cosmetics brand, run solely by a 15 year old entrepreneur who was diagnosed with alopcia areata and wanted her brand to bring awareness to this condition. The logo is a pink planet, indicating no colours across the world as they are a huge advocate of equality and diversity. That and because I think their products are from another world *heart eye emoji*

What I bought:


Why I love them:

I love everything this brand stands for! And the owner is only 15!? WHATT?? This girl should be so proud of herself for real!
I also, obviously, love the price. Under £3 for a lipgloss? Yes please! Straight in my basket (quite literally!)
They're also 100% vegan and cruelty free! All their products have such pure ingredients too: Vitamin E oil, coconut oil, castor oil, and my fave ever: Jojoba oil!

What I've got my eye on next:

I absolutely need to have one of their Confetti Love Scrub! They're only £1.20 and they look so cute. I've also got my eye on their Tango Blast Lipgloss (because no, I don't have enough) and it just reminds me of going to the cinema!

Discount?
PDLIFEFAITH25 will get you 25% off everything on their site!

 Angelic Cosmetics

About:

This brand originally started with selling lashes because the owner would wear them everyday without fail! The skincare followed due to skin problems of her own and she couldn't find anything that would work...so she made something that did! Her interest in skincare and beauty has grown since she was 11 years old, which sparked the inspiration of Angelic Cosmetics.

What I bought:


Why I love them:

I chat to the owner quite frequently over Instagram and she is the lovliest! She also keeps me super updated with order details and gives honest recommendations based off my needs! I love that my face mask dries everywhere- I hate when a face mask doesn't fully dry and you're left with sticky cheeks. My face feels so cleansed and smooth afterwards, and all products are 100% vegan, cruelty free, and organic. She makes sure everything is fresh by handmaking to order!

What I've got my eye on next:

I'd love to try out their Water Activated liner; it comes in lots of colours to create loads of cool looks! I'd also love to test out their Face Bundle. You get 6 products worth £43 for just £28! And you can choose 4 of the items so it is tailored to each person!

Discount?
LOVE20 will get you 20% off your first order!


Other beauty businesses I've been loving:

Mrs Brow Magician on Instagram is usually a brow and makeup tech based in Suffolk, but with COVID-19 shutting everything, sadly I can't go to her to get my brows done. In the meantime, she has released a BROW MAGIC brow soap to keep our brows strong in lockdown. I cannot wait to try mine out and I will update you on my thoughts via Instagram. BUT she is definitely worth a follow, and if you love your brows fluffy, then I highly suggest getting your hands on one- Message her on Instagram to order her lush brow soap!

I hope you enjoyed the first of the "Support Small" series! Please feel free to DM me on my Instagram 

Go show all of these brands some love!


 Love always,

Popular Posts