Winter Skincare

Winter Skincare

I Know, I know... I've done a few skincare blog posts already, however if you're a fellow dry/ sensitive skin sufferer like me, you'll know the routine has to change with the seasons. My last routine was in summertime, where all the products were lightweight and refreshing to counter the heat, but now I'm trying to get as much moisture as possible to keep my skin from flaking off and achieve that winter glow!

My routine is pretty similar morning and night, except I don't put SPF on in the evening (obvs) because at the moment it's all about locking in moisture, I don't want to dry out during the day, or during the night.

Since I've had perioral dermatitis, I've had a few stubborn blemishes that wouldn't budge, and I've literally NEVER had blemishes or acne my whole life. This was hard! I decided to pruchase from Taja Skin as their skincare is catered for acne, and when I tell you overnight, I mean overnight. I use their Blemish Corrector AM and PM just on my affected areas and it's made a huge difference! Their Whipped Butter Cream helps to keep my skin moisturised all day due to its Amazing ingredients! I'm talking coconut oil, shea butter, stearic acid, vitamin E, and oat silk! Dreamy combo!

(I love their whole collection, including the super skin jelly, and I could do a whole post just rambling about Taja Skin ,but I'm not sure how popular that would be with my readers or Taja skin themselves LOL) 




After that I put on my Fucidin cream, boring yet essential. This one was prescribed for my dermatitis and eczema and I don't think you can buy it over the counter soz...

Even though it's winter you cannot be skipping on the SPF. Yes, I know it's like 2 degrees, cloudy, raining, lockdown, Britain. But does the sun still come up? Yes. Do you have windows in your house/ office? Most likely. Do you go for your daily walks? You bet. So you still need SPF. I've been loving The Inkey List's SPF 30 Sunscreen recently. Its formula is vegan and suitable for all skin types and has 22% non-nano zinc oxide for maximum mineral protection. It also boasts a non- cosmetic tint to help counteract the white sheet that sunscreen usually leaves on your face!




 I then lightly spritz my Revolution Super Dewy Skin Essence Spray and go on my with my day. It has hyaluronic acid and cranberry seed oil to keep me hydrated and glowy, and this can be topped up over makeup as much as you need if you feel a bit dry throughout the day.



That's it for the morning!

  • Taja Skin Blemish Corrector
  • Taja Skin Whipped Butter Cream
  • Fucidin cream
  • The Inkey List Daily SPF 30 Sunscreen
  • Revolution Skincare Dewy Skin Essence Spray 
 
In the evening, I use exactly the same, except I use Bolt Beauty's Filthy Clean Cleansing Capsules to clean my skin from the dirt of the day, and I don't use SPF at night either. Other than that, Taja Skin products remain in the same order. No need to over complicate things!



Let me know over on Instagram if you have used any of these products and what your winter faves are!

Love always,


Popular Posts