An Olaplex Dupe?


 I have just started really looking after my hair after somehow getting onto hairtok. I love Olaplex from the products I’ve already tried, but that stuff is expensive, so I didn’t want to fork out on the whole range to find it doesn’t work. Also the bottles are really tiny.


I was scrolling through Revolution Beauty’s website for some skincare, and I noticed they had come out with a hair range called Bond Plex. Each product is numbered (3, 4, 5 and 6) and claims to “repair and strengthen damage from within”. All sounds very similar...so, obviously I bought the range (£28 for all four products!) and put it to the test!


The first step is the Plex 3 Bond Restore Treatment. This is done pre-shampoo. This was probably my favourite product from the range. Washing it off in the shower made my hair feel so nice, even after the first use I noticed a difference.


The Plex 4 shampoo and Plex 5 conditioner were pretty good too. I preferred the shampoo over the conditioner because the conditioner felt as though it didn’t quite hydrate my hair as much as I would have liked. The shampoo did make my hair feel extremely clean though, without it feeling stripped or coated in nastiness. 


Lastly, the Plex 6 Bond Restore Styling Cream. I hate to end on a bad note but this was my least favourite product. It claims to give colour and heat protection, as well as fight against frizz, but my hair almost felt more frizzy after using it. I very rarely use heat though, so perhaps I didn’t give it a fair enough test. 


The verdict? Great collection for someone starting to look after their hair more, or someone with coloured/damaged hair. I don’t think it would do much if you had natural and healthy hair. I personally keep the pre-shampoo treatment in my routine, and occasionally use the shampoo, but I switch out the conditioner and ditch the styling cream completely. 


I’d love to hear your thoughts if you have tried this though! My Instagram DM’s are always open!


Love always,

Popular Posts