QUARANTINE MADE ME BUY IT

So, a lot of you on my Instagram voted on a poll that you wanted to see all of my purchases I have made since lockdown, that of course I would not have made if I had better things to do, but I don't. We have surpassed the 1 month mark of lockdown now, which means I have had plenty of time to scour the internet of all the wonderful things on offer. Now, some of these things are pretty normal, but I have also fallen down some pretty weird holes on eBay and made some really unnecessary purchases. You wanted to see them, so I delivered:

I believe my first quarantine purchase was one from Shein, just some jewellery pieces which i have already reviewed on my blog which you can read here, so i won't go into much detail on that.

After that one I fell down a hole on Everything5pounds.com where i spent about 2 hours just scrolling through their website wondering how they could sell things as cheap as £2.50 and if all of their clothes were going to be cheap and nasty. I bought 4 items that came to £17.50, and I am actually in love with them all. The quality I'd say is on par, if not higher, than that of Boohoo or Isawitfirst. The top is my favourite just because the material is so thick, but the skirt is a close second. I definitely recommend the website if you're on a budget (i.e. if you're furloughed and on 80% wage...) I plan on wearing the blazer to interviews once the lockdown is lifted, and the fleece is just to lounge in with joggers :)




Lockdown also calls for a good book! I decided to buy Uncommon Type by Tom Hanks for £2.95 (No longer available, so I linked the next cheapest!) on eBay. It is a book full of short stories written by Tom Hanks on various typewriters in his collection (if you didn't know that he collects typewriters, you do now) and i am loving it so far. I enjoy my reading when it's sunny so I can soak up the sun and be left in peace with my book in the garden.

This was when I got sucked into Ebay, and I ended up buying an electric makeup brush cleaner, a pack of seam rippers, some fabric glue, a pack of party horns, and a set of baking measuring cups all in one order! I think I had a creative surge and wanted to DIY a denim skirt out of some jeans after being inspired by @CJB.sewing on Instagram, and do lots of baking (which I have successfully done!) I am yet to DIY my clothes but it will happen soon and I may even make a blogpost about it....we never know.
 I have to say though the measuring cups are a great edition to my new baking cupboard that I have acquired since lockdown, as I have also bought various baking trays along with some new whisks and lots of ingredients. 
Also, the makeup brush cleaner may be my new favourite thing. My brushes needed a good old clean and this gadget makes it so easy, and only £7! Some electric brush cleaners I have seen on Instagram are £30 + and I'm sure they're the same thing! It is so quick and easy, and it dries the brushes too which is perfect if you're impatient like me! And the party horns are for the NHS clap on Thursdays; people on my road honk their car horns and bang pots and pans. I wanted to think outside of the box, thus the purchase of party horn blower things LOL!

My next purchase is actually a very useful one! I bought some blue light blocking glasses on Amazon because quarantine means that I am spending way more time looking at screens, whether that be my phone, laptop, or telly (I'm stealing my boyfriends Disney+) I think i have watched every Pixar film ever made now (including the short films) I find them to work pretty well, I find that my eyes don't strain as much and I sleep better on days that I wear them, and they look quite nice too which is a bonus! So I don't think this was a totally unnecessary purchase!

Speaking of Disney, watching so many films influenced my eBay searches somewhat. I'm actually a bit embarrassed...I bought a children's fishing game, except you fish for the aliens from Toy Story. In my defence it was only £1.99 and it even came in the box so I feel like I got quite the bargain. Worth it for the tiny bit on embarrassment and shame that came with it!
 I also bought a Disney Vinylmation. You'll know what these are if you have been to Disneyland before, but if you haven't, they're basically little character figurines in the shape of Mickey Mouse (Pictured below). Mine is the Jackalope from the Pixar short Boundin' (banger of a short film BTW). I felt sad that no one wanted him and he brought back so many memories of watching the short film in the bonus section of my The Incredibles VHS Tape (saying that makes me feel old!) He was only £2.99 and I just couldn't leave him okay?!
Another one I am kind of ashamed about are the little cars that look like Buzz Lightyear and Mike Wazowski. Monsters Inc is my favourite film of all time so I couldn't not buy these either! I actually have a problem! If it's vaguely cute and under £5 it's most likely going to be in my house somewhere. HELP.
I also bought a couple Disney trading pins because I am going to rework an old denim jacket and cover it in pins and patches to make it look all funky!

Being a kind of blogger/influencer now (LOL who am I kidding?!) I have been introduced to new trends and brands that I never really heard much about before. I follow so many lovely people that influence me to try out new things, which is why I got this sweatshirt from Motel Rocks. I couldn't quite justify the joggers too but I may cave soon if I see them pop up as an AD one more time! I got an XL and I love the oversized fit! It's so thick and cosy, I have literally worn it everyday since it's arrived!


Well I think that's quite enough rambling from me for one day. As always, let me know any feedback on my Instagram. Stay safe and order lots, you deserve it ;)

Love always,

Popular Posts