SS21 Fashion Predictions

Now I am no fashion connoisseur, nor do I claim to be. Honestly, I buy most of my clothes second hand so I can’t even claim to be “trendy”. But this is what I’m predicting that people will wear in Spring/ Summer 2021... or at least what I’d like to be seeing this year.


We love beige and brown, but I think they’ve had their moment for now. I think they will defiantly be back come Autumn/ Winter time, but they’re not “summer” colours per say. Instead, I think sage green and lilac will be back, along with creamy colours and shades of navy. They promote a fresh, bright colour palette, changing up from the chocolate tones we’ve been wearing throughout the winter.



Silhouette wise, I think midi dresses (hopefully with pockets!!!) will be worn massively this year, similar to a 1950’s style that is tailored in the waist, but has a nice flowy skirt. And I also think bold shoulders and sleeves will be prominent. This trend has already emerged slightly, namely with shoulder pads, but I think bigger puff and balloon sleeves are on their way. This is known as quite a “romantic” style, and I’m here for it (if it does become a trend!)


With shoes, we will hopefully have more freedom, but an exotic holiday is still pretty much entirely off the cards for 2021 (sigh). This means people will be seeing friends, going on staycations, and exploring this country, which requires comfort. Think Birkenstock style sandals: flat, chunky, and secure yet also stylish, and goes with most outfits.


Oversized trousers. Need I say more. I’ve been wearing the widest leg trousers available for years now, so I’m hoping 2021 is the year oversized trousers become popular! 


Last spring was all about the DIY tie-dying, creating joy from old clothes in a time that was quite dark, I think it said a lot about how people were feeling, or wanted to feel, at the time of the first lockdown. But with the light at the end of the tunnel, I think outfits will stay pretty minimal this season. While I do think we will be seeing a lot of “ditsy floral” pieces, I think the majority will be plain, which is no bad thing either!



I’d just like to stress again, I have no real idea what I’m talking about!! These are mainly just things that I want to wear, so I’m hoping they become a trend so that all the shops will stock them and I can buy it all LOL, but I suppose we shall see in a few months if I was right or not! I might react over on Instagram when Autumn comes around to this blog, to see if my predictions were correct? Not sure yet, let’s see if I even remember!


As always, let me know your thoughts over on Instagram.


Love always,




Popular Posts